BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, August 20, 2009

Workplace Suicide Rates on the Rise

I saw today that workplace suicides have risen 28% over the last year, while overall workplace deaths have declined. I find that quite disturbing; and more than a little disheartening.

There is little doubt in my mind, that the current economic and employment climates have played a significant role in the steep rise in on the job suicides.

After reading the article, I did some quick searches and found that suicide in general seems to be on the rise. I don't mean to sound crass, but that suggests to me that "Hope" and "Change" are not working out as planned.

I don't want to descend into politics. Government is not, and never should be, a solution to financial, career or personal difficulties. Certainly, money is no reason to take our lives over.

My first thought is to remind everyone that Jesus is our best Hope in all things. I would urge everyone to investigate Christianity before resorting to suicide.

Also, the overwhelming majority of people in financial crisis could gain perspective from a program like IOU NO MORE. There are answers. They aren't always easy. They sometimes require dramatic and drastic action, but what is more drastic than suicide?

Folks, things are not hopeless. Trust me on that.

1 comments:

snobound said...

This is a very sad statistic I was not aware of, but I agree with you - it's just a job and definitely not worth you life. Jesus is the answer for the world today; above Him there's no other...Jesus is the way.