BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday, November 22, 2008

Beyond the Emergency Fund - Stocking Up

I am developing a section for "Recession Proof Living" that I want to introduce here. In essence it is taking the 3 to 6 months emergency fund to the next level. I am suggesting that every family stock an extra 3 to 6 months (or more) of staple items as well. Just imagine how much pressure would be off, if in addition to 6 months of basic living expenses, we had laid aside six months of food stuffs and emergency items. If we had supplies of flour, sugar, potatoes, vegetable oil, cereal, toilet paper, tooth paste,etc. we could face tough times with very little stress.

Brittan and I are in the beginning phase of doing this very thing. We want to be prepared for any eventuality.

I will be fleshing the idea out in my next book, but wanted to plant a seed now to get people thinking.

0 comments: