BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Things that make you go Hmmmmmm........

I thought we were in an economic downturn that would rival the apocalypse?  I thought credit was hard to come by?  I thought the sky was falling?  Then why the heck am I suddenly getting so many Credit Card Offers?

To be sure, these are financially tight times.  I don't want to downplay the seriousness of things, especially for those who've recently lost jobs.  But I find it weird that the credit card industry is cutting back with one hand and spreading their seed with the other.  I have had two Discover and two Chase credit card offers in the last 4 days or so and it has really caused me to raise my eyebrows. 

I know 4 doesn't sound like much, but considering we're on the 'do not solicit' list of all the major cc companies, 4 is a mountain.  My assumption is that at least some of the companies are on a major push to get credit cards out in time for the Holidays.  Not good.  Not good at all.

0 comments: